ExperiencePhillip

I want people back home to be able to be a part of my life. Therefore, I have created this blog where friends and family can see pictures of me and read some of my thoughts. Enjoy....and Experience Phillip!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Watch out Germany, here I come

On tuesday, I leave the United States to serve our great nation for three years in Germany. I will be living in Darmstadt, Germany. It's about 30 minutes south of Frankfurt, in the Hesse region. I'm looking forward to keeping in touch with all of you during my time there. I hope that this blog will make it easier for you to feel a part of my life while I'm away. I welcome whatever feedback you might have to the things I post as well.
I'm going to miss everyone a lot since the visits home will be fewer and farther between. However, I'm blessed to have this opportunity to experience Europe in a way that I probably otherwise would not have had. You all know that I LOVE to travel, so this is a great chance to see lots of new places!
Lastly, thanks for everyone's love and support over these past four years that I've been wearing our great country's uniform and serving in the tradition of the millions who have gone before me in the Defense of Liberty. America is, as President Lincoln said, the world's "last, best hope." If America does not take the lead in this worldwide struggle against extreme islamic totalitarianism, no other nation on earth will. The ultimate outcome of this struggle will not be determined by the strength of our military, but by the will of the people of our Great Union of States. Stay Strong, Stay Focused, Freedom will once again win the fight and spread her wings to fly into new lands. Those of you at home have as great a role to play in this fight as those of us in uniform (whether at home or abroad). Vote! Vote! Vote! After all, isn't that the reason for which so many in uniform have died in generations gone by? Love you all!

5 Comments:

  • At October 27, 2006 at 2:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for setting up the blog. It should be a great way to keep current on all the adventures you have while stationed in Germany.

    Thanks for the encouraging words about our great nation. We voted already and we will continue to pray.

    Ready or not Europe - here comes Phillip!

    See you there!

     
  • At October 27, 2006 at 2:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We are so Proud of you. the boys are happy your are serving our great country. I am proud of the great man you have become.

    Love,
    Amy

     
  • At October 27, 2006 at 4:50 AM , Blogger angela said...

    i feel like i should salute or something!

     
  • At October 28, 2006 at 6:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Felipe, desde que te he conocido, he visto el caracter que tienes, pero no tan fuerte como en este mensaje... cuidate mucho, y sigo orando para ti... te visitare tambien, si Dios me permite... TQM,
    Sue

     
  • At October 30, 2006 at 2:53 PM , Blogger Scott and Beth said...

    Sonja mentioned on their blog that you were headed to Germany. I'm glad to see you have a blog too! Seeing it will keep you in our thoughts so that we will continually pray for you!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home