ExperiencePhillip

I want people back home to be able to be a part of my life. Therefore, I have created this blog where friends and family can see pictures of me and read some of my thoughts. Enjoy....and Experience Phillip!

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Darmstadt

DARMSTADT
(pronounced “darmshtat”)

Today I went out on the town with the people from my German orientation class. We mostly went to learn the public transit system of the city and how to take trains from Darmstadt to other cities and back without ending up in the wrong place…been there, done that! I once ended up in Toulouse, France when I was trying to go to Barcelona, Spain a few years ago. Eh…what’s a few hours more on the train, right? It’s all part of the adventure.

I had my first German meal today…it was great! Although, anything’s better than the Taco Bell and Burger King I’ve been eating here on base. Haha…I guess I don’t set the bar very high. Anyway, I had roast beef with potatoes and vegetables.




We also stopped by the old city castle which is situated on the city square, called the Luisenplatz.




You can also see one of the downtown streets where some of the shopping area is located.



I’m hoping to go to Frankfurt this weekend, so there will be more pictures on the way if that works out!

Love you all

5 Comments:

  • At November 9, 2006 at 6:29 PM , Blogger angela said...

    oh yeah! thanks for these pictures! it looks beautiful! i want to come visit! it's helps to see where you are.

     
  • At November 9, 2006 at 10:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I bet the roast beef dinner wasn't as good as Mom's.

     
  • At November 10, 2006 at 1:11 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Cool! I wanna come...
    Looks like you'll fit in just fine. Just don't come home in lederhosen...EVER!
    Not that everyone there wears lederhosen, as seen by your pictures (Unless they just don't wear it when they shop...hmmm).
    Thanks for the pictures, bro.

     
  • At November 10, 2006 at 9:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Perfect!

    This is just what you created your blog for - so we can keep current on what's happening.

    This blog does just that.

    It lets us know just what's happening with you and what's going on.

    It's almost like we're there.

    Almost!

    Thanks for the pix and info!

    Blog on!

     
  • At November 12, 2006 at 6:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'M SO GLAD YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED SOME YUMMY FOOD!!! I can just TASTE the roast beef =)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home