ExperiencePhillip

I want people back home to be able to be a part of my life. Therefore, I have created this blog where friends and family can see pictures of me and read some of my thoughts. Enjoy....and Experience Phillip!

Saturday, February 02, 2008

Blogging Under Duress

Boy, it's a good thing there's an ocean between me and some of the fans of this blog!!!!
For those of you who have read my bother and sister-in-law's blog, you know what I'm talking about.

So, here's a quick update on me...
I don't blog much because my life here is basically not very blog-worthy. By that I mean, it consists of lots of work (like working some 60 hours this week) and doing mundane things like laundry, shopping and eating. (Although, most of you know I get pretty excited about food, so maybe I should take that one off the list of mundane things.)

Hmmmm...think think think (in my best Winne the Pooh voice)

Well, two things come to mind (niether of them being a pot honey, by the way):

1. Today I started my Master's program. I had class all day today and tomorrow will be the same, plus four nights next week after work. This first class is an International Economics class. I really enjoyed today and am looking forward to the rest of it. The professor is great. The program is one in International Relations and I hope to have it finished in the summer of 2009. My goal is to have two Master's degrees by the time I'm fourty, so it will be nice to get this one done before I get out of the military and move into my next phase of life....whatever that turns out to be:)

2. I've really been enjoying work a lot lately. Mostly, I love training soldiers. I've got 5 soldiers who "belong to me" This means that if they screw up I get in trouble. On the flip side, if they succeed and are good soldiers, then I get some of the credit. Seems fair. Well, I've got the best soldiers in our Battalion, as far as I'm concerned. They make my life easy and I love working with them and teaching them how to be the best soldiers they can be. (As a side note, "be all you can be" is the best slogan the Army ever had. The powers that be should have kept it.)
It's great to be able to have a direct impact for good in the lives of other people and I love doing it every day. Also, our team has been able to do some good things at work lately and it's great to go to bed at night knowing that your day made a difference in the world.

So, the winner of the " who needs a stinkin' title contest" is...

...drum roll, please....

"Ah the Days of the missing Staff Sergeant" by Mark and Sonja

...who also get bonus points for guilting me into writing this blog.

Amy also gets bonus points for nudging me into Mark and Sonja's guilt trap with an email. haha Nice one, Sis.

The LOSER of the contest is "anonymus" who called me Sergeant Slacker!! Grrrrr!!!!!! Maybe "Blogger Slacker", but certainly NOT slacking in my Sergeantness!!!! I'm just making up words now.

The Ballad of the Bloody Foot will have to wait, I guess. I can't get this thing to let me upload the pictures I need to make the story worth it. It's not a long story, so don't be expecting too much.

Miss you all.

7 Comments:

  • At February 3, 2008 at 3:36 AM , Blogger Bop said...

    Glad to have you back...even if you didn't pick my alliterated title. We do want to know what you're doing. Say HI to Jamie for us. :)

     
  • At February 3, 2008 at 4:53 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hey there I do what I can to help out the Family!!!! Glad to hear what your are up to. Read my blog to see how my weekend started and will end. My Poor Hubby has a sore tummy.

     
  • At February 3, 2008 at 7:42 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    "Bother" and sister-in-law??? I hope that wasn't intentional. Haha. I must give credit where credit is due...the winning title belongs to Sonja. I had nothing to do with it. Good to hear from you...finally.
    Oh, and the guilt trip thing was Sonja, too! (you know that credit where credit is due thing again).

     
  • At February 3, 2008 at 7:44 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I WON, I WON, I WON!!! I really am happy about that! Even, if it took guilt to get you to decide.

    I really do miss you and I love hearing about your mundane days as you call them. Keep it coming!

    ~Sonja :)

     
  • At February 3, 2008 at 4:43 PM , Blogger Phillip said...

    Haha...no "bother" was supposed to be "brother," of course. I even proof read it. Not very well though, I guess. It was a short blog, but I enjoyed writing it. So thanks' for the push.

     
  • At February 4, 2008 at 6:01 AM , Blogger lewiscrew5 said...

    Well my spel check for this blog is not working so I just figured yours was not either. Sammy went to the ER for the Flu tonight but is home now. YEAH for me two people here who really need me at the same time I feel so Loved!

     
  • At February 4, 2008 at 4:41 PM , Blogger angela said...

    well, every 6 months isn't that bad. i'm glad you're enjoying the training. good to know you're still with us!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home