ExperiencePhillip

I want people back home to be able to be a part of my life. Therefore, I have created this blog where friends and family can see pictures of me and read some of my thoughts. Enjoy....and Experience Phillip!

Monday, January 08, 2007

Orange you glad I didn't wait another week to post?

Hiya everybody!!! Boy, when I go more than 7 days without posting, the natives start to get restless. Well, fear not, good natives....here it is.

As I said in my last post, I spent New Year's Eve with my friend Jamie in Munich. It was a great trip to a new city. Below is a picture of the city hall at the Marienplatz in the old city of Munich.



I didn't take all that many pictures in Munich. It was rainy and not very good picture-taking conditions. Thankfully, though, it was clear on New Year's Eve and I was able to take some video of the craziness of the amateur fireworks. For all its laws a regulations, Europe apparently has no issues with Joe Shmoe (or Friedrich Shmoe, as the case may be) gathering with hundreds of his friends and shooting off whatever they want. It was total chaos...and it was a blast! Enjoy.

My Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TN2540URIA

Here's another video that I found on YouTube of the same event taken from across the Plaza from we were standing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCpRAiVXkzA


On Saturday, I went to really cool place. It's an old walled, midieval city called Rothenburg. It's about 2 1/2 hours from where I live, by car. I went with a couple friends from work and it was well worth the trip! I've posted a coulpe pictures here and included a link to the whole photo album on Yahoo.
The old city or Rothenburg is completely walled. It's georgeous!


Here's the rest of the pictures:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/chicado77/album/576460762383405044

Miss you all!

If only I could find that McDonald's! What?!? ...check back;)

7 Comments:

  • At January 8, 2007 at 9:22 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm apple glad you didn't wait another week to post.
    Great pix!
    TOUGH duty!
    It makes Martha REALLY glad she's turning 50 this year!
    Looking forward to hearing about your McDonald's experience.
    (Martha had a McDonald's hamburger in Colgne. She said it tasted like they made it in America and shipped it to Colgne!)
    ps- Your fireworks video was better than the U-tube video.
    Happy New Year!

     
  • At January 9, 2007 at 2:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I loved the pictures!!
    I of course have a question about the gift shop! Do you happen to know how much they wanted for the swords???
    The one I bought in Spain was alot cheaper there than here, so just wondering!
    Anyway, my fix has been satisfied!
    Don't leave me hanging for so long again!!!!!:)
    Let me know how your Mcdonalds tastes.

     
  • At January 9, 2007 at 3:32 AM , Blogger Bop said...

    Welcome back. More great pictures. I really liked that house, too. The roof windows (were they dormers?) were really cool. Your video was better than the other one. Is everything mossy there? McDonald's? I bet that was an experience.

     
  • At January 10, 2007 at 12:02 AM , Blogger lewiscrew5 said...

    Love the pictures! I am not sure about the narrrow walk ways, well during the day I would be fine but not at night. HMMM? I wonder why, Tim, Mark,& Bob!:) Well I will be posting soon too, had a bit of a rough week last week not home very much. The boys loved the fireworks.
    Robert wanted to mail himself in your package so he could go buy a sword! HA! HA! NO SWORDS ALLOWED here. He asked for a bb gun for Christmas. Santa did not come through on that request.

     
  • At January 12, 2007 at 5:49 AM , Blogger angela said...

    i may live in one of the only countries WITHOUT a mcdonald's! praise the good Lord for that! can't wait to hear of your next adventure!

     
  • At January 14, 2007 at 4:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sounds like you are having one adventure after another! Our adventures here mostly involve keeping Savannah from eating things...dog hair, paper, electrical cords, shoes, etc. Going to McDonalds in another country sounds a lot more relaxing...as long as I can speak the language. (Or maybe you could come translate?)

     
  • At November 12, 2008 at 3:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good words.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home