ExperiencePhillip

I want people back home to be able to be a part of my life. Therefore, I have created this blog where friends and family can see pictures of me and read some of my thoughts. Enjoy....and Experience Phillip!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blah Blah Blah

Well, I'm writing today to say that I have nothing to write about...nothing good anyway. Actually, it's been a pretty bad week so far and on top of it, I'm sick again. The sickness is due, I'm sure, to the MANDATORY flu shot I had on friday. I mean, really, why give a perfectly healthy person a shot that 's guaranteed to make him sick, on the off chance that he might not get sick again later in the winter? I probably would not have gotten sick again anyway.
I could go on complaining, but who wants to read that? Anyway, the weekend should be better...hopefully. I don't have any plans except for Christmas Day, so I'm not sure what I'll be doing the rest of the weekend. Probably not too much unless I feel better. Christmas day I'll be at the home of some people from the Post Chapel where I've been attending. They graciously invited me a couple weeks ago, and I accepted.

Well, that's it for now.
Miss you all and I hope you all have a good rest of the week.

7 Comments:

  • At December 20, 2006 at 3:28 PM , Blogger Bop said...

    Sorry you're sick. I'm glad you have somewhere to go on Christmas. We will miss you here. I have never had a flu shot and have no plans to get one. I've heard that they only protect against some viruses and then it's something else that can get you.

     
  • At December 20, 2006 at 4:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I feel bad for you, not only because you're sick but because it's so close to Christmas and you won't be with the family. I really wish you were here. Well at least you have somewhere to go for Christmas... (unless you are still sick). Talk to ya later!

     
  • At December 20, 2006 at 10:21 PM , Blogger lewiscrew5 said...

    I also got sick after getting my flu shot, what a joke. We will pray you feel better quickly. We are having a Birthday Party for Jesus at Awana tonight. I make cupcakes for the kids.

    Wish you could be here for Christmas

     
  • At December 21, 2006 at 12:04 AM , Blogger angela said...

    phillip, you win. i wouldn't be able to submit myself to an institution that mandates such things! well done. we're off to el cid for some great mexican food (mom's gagging)!

    merry Christ-mas, friend!

     
  • At December 21, 2006 at 4:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm sorry that you are sick :(
    I hope that you feel better before your Christmas "date". Well, I'm off of work for our Christmas break after tomorrow. We'll miss you here. Have a great Christmas Phil!

     
  • At December 21, 2006 at 4:49 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I can not tell you how many kazilion flu shots I have given!! When I worked in home health we had flu clinics and people stood in line and we gave flu shots after asking such fun things like, "Are you allergic to chicken or chicken feathers?"
    "Are you pregnant?" (Most of our clients were over 50 years old). Anyway, I never got a flu shot myself!! Hope you feel better soon!!

     
  • At December 21, 2006 at 2:51 PM , Blogger Phillip said...

    Thanks for the good wishes, everyone:) I'm actually starting to feel a little better. I've been on dayquil since last night, so that might have something to do with it. Either way, I felt good enough to go downtown for a little bit today and buy a couple sweaters. I love winter clothes!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home