ExperiencePhillip

I want people back home to be able to be a part of my life. Therefore, I have created this blog where friends and family can see pictures of me and read some of my thoughts. Enjoy....and Experience Phillip!

Monday, February 18, 2008

OH.. MY.. YUMNESS!!!!!!!!!

Wow!

So, last week sometime I got an email from Amy with a recipe for crockpot lasagna. I was very excited to have a new thing to make in my c-pot (hehe..."c-pot" I crack myself up). I digress...

Well, I had no idea what my taste buds were in for. This morning I got up at 0600 (6am for you civilian types) and didn't have to be at work until 0900. I bought the stuff for the recipe yesterday, so I thought "what the hey, I'll do it today." (Haha...that rhymes) I got back to my room around 1200 which means the yumness had been baking in the c-pot (hehe) for 5 hours. The room smelled like an Itlalian restaurant...sans the garlic bread

I just finshed having the most awesome lunch I've had in a LONG time. Thanks, Amy, for hooking me up. You Rock!!!

Here's a little photographic evidence of my excursion into yumnessocity today...



Okay, so this experience has generated some serious points which need to be dealt out to their rightful recipients.

It took me a little while to crunch out the numbers, but I wanted to make sure they would be accurate (I'm not just making them up, you know). So here's how it played out:

1,000 pts to the lasagna itself for being so yummy
987 pts to Amy for giving me this recipe
986 pts to ME for making the lasagna....I was as shocked as you are that I even made the list. I'm humbled, really
853 pts to the c-pot for being so user-friendly
492 pts to ME for calling it "the c-pot" haha I'm speechless. Btw, c-pot could also be used for "chamber pot", but let me clarify that I did not cook lasagna (or anything else) in a chamber pot. I might also clarify that I don't even own a chamber pot. However, I imagine that if I ever needed a chamber pot that the crock pot would work....in a pinch...hehe "a pinch" hehe 200 more points to me for that one
234 pts to the Inventor of leftovers. I thought this one would score higher, but it must be due to the fact that most leftovers are disgusting. Honestly, I think the two things which drove this score as high as it is are: lasagna and the "mack-Daddy" of all leftovers...roast beef with potatos and gravy

DISCLAIMER
There were 3, 467 other points, but since there was no one else eligible who was involved in this experience I was forced to award them back to myself. It's a complicated rule system. I don't have time to explain it right now.


Well, that's it. I need to go for a run now before I have to go back to work for another four hours.

miss you all

10 Comments:

  • At February 18, 2008 at 8:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Yeah I am the first to BLOG!! I am glad you like the recipe it is easy and good. Thanks for the points.

     
  • At February 18, 2008 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You simply crack me up! You are a c-pot...a crack pot, not the drug of course! he..he..

    Thanks for sharing and maybe I should get that recipe myself. I totally agree with you on the left over comments.

    Your point system is brilliant! You are just too smart...why not develop a system where you can't lose?! Brilliant, just brilliant.

    I love you Phil and am so glad you are blogging agian. You really truly put a smile on my face today. Thanks!

     
  • At February 18, 2008 at 11:35 PM , Blogger Bop said...

    Oh, my goodness, that looks good. I think I need that recipe, too. I don't think I quite get the point system but it seems to work for you.

     
  • At February 19, 2008 at 1:26 AM , Blogger lewiscrew5 said...

    I have blogged the recipe for anyone who what's it.
    http://lewiscrew5.blogspot.com/

     
  • At February 19, 2008 at 2:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kudos to Amy for putting the recipe on the web for all of us. :) Kudos to Phil for making me laugh out loud. I don't have time to make up a fancy point awarding system, but kudos work for me personally. Hope everything over there is fantastic. Good luck with your future c-pot adventures.

     
  • At February 19, 2008 at 2:57 AM , Blogger angela said...

    "well, i'm not making these numbers up!" - millie helper

    philip, sounds like things are going . . . shall we say, slowly, for you. but i'm glad you had a good lunch!

    :)

     
  • At February 19, 2008 at 2:25 PM , Blogger todd-and-orfa said...

    Appetizingly funny! A scrumshishly colorful blog saturated in the light, buttery sauce of humor, and sprinkled with a tasty pinch of ingenuity! 4 out of 5 stars! (one star of course goes to me for being such a skillful and articulate judge!) Excellent jorb!

     
  • At February 19, 2008 at 3:15 PM , Blogger Phillip said...

    Haha...excellent comment Todd. You've just earned yourself 631 points. You must be so proud.

     
  • At February 20, 2008 at 9:45 PM , Blogger Bop said...

    I've been thinking about your blog and you should get more points for your word inventions..."yumnessocity"?????? for that matter "yumness"???

     
  • At February 21, 2008 at 5:46 PM , Blogger Phillip said...

    That's a good point. Hmmmm, okay.
    523 more points to me for being a good word-maker-upper.

    DISCLAIMER:
    These 523 points are granted to me by me out of the points that were awarded back to me by me)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home